Pages

Wednesday 9 September 2015

HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II

Good Morning to you,


Are you wondering if I have muddled up my days and that I think today, is Thursday?

No, honestly, I am not confused.

I wanted to pop by to visit you, because today, is such a special day.

Today, our monarch, Queen Elizabeth II has reigned for 63 years and 7 months and has become, the longest reigning monarch in our history,  even longer than her great, great grandmother, Queen Victoria.


So in honour of this achievement, I thought, I would celebrate, by sharing with you some lovely early photographs of Queen Elizabeth.  Some you may have seen before and some you may not.





Queen Elizabeth at the tender age of 3 years.
Yes, I have shown you this
photograph before, but
I feel sure you can forgive me
because it is such a lovely photograph.

 Dare I say this about our monarch.... she was so cute and I love her curls.




In December 1951 , 
Queen Elizabeth broadcasting, 
what would become, her 
annual Christmas message
to the nation.





Our Queen at the age of 20 years,
wearing one of her many 
beautiful gowns.



Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh
 at the time of their betrothal
 in July 1947.




In this photograph, you can see the
 Princess Elizabeth wearing the badges of
 rank, of a Colonel, in the Grenadier Guards.
 By her side is
the Duke of Gloucester 
at the ceremony of the 
Trooping of the Colour in June 1949.




Prince Charles was one year old on
 14th November 1949 when this
 photograph was taken.



I love that Princess Anne
 had no interest in having her photograph taken, but preferred to
 investigate the flowerbeds,
which appeared to be far more interesting.




Prince Charles at the age of four. 
If you look at his face you can see he loved
 his glove puppet.

I do hope you have enjoyed these photographs as much as I did.  

In June 2013, I told you about when George and I were presented to Queen Elizabeth.  It was in 1975 and a memory we will never forget, as it was such an honour for us both.

All of these photographs were taken from The Queen Elizabeth Coronation Book published in 1953.

Take care and I will catch up with you tomorrow, as normal.

This week I will be visiting,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...